1. All treatment room surfaces (patient chairs, Doc and Assistant chairs, light switches, light handles, cuspidors, drawers etc.) are either covered with protective infection barriers and replaced after every patient or wiped down with a CDC recommended solution to disinfect.
2. Floors are moped with a bleach-based solution.
3. All instruments are heat and steam sterilized.
4. Weather permitting, Doc likes to open windows to get fresh air circulating throughout the office.
Additional steps we have taken due to COVID-19:
1. Dr. Mosier has installed UVC lights in all of our operatories and ventilation systems in addition to the waiting area. These UVC lights destroy the genetic material inside viruses and other microbes. UVC lights are commonly used to sanitize water, laboratory equipment and spaces such as buses and airplanes.
2. Doc and Julia wear the latest state and federally approved protective gear.
3. Gowns and masks are not worn outside of the practice.
4. Front desk items are sterilized after each patient.
5. Reception area furniture and surfaces are wiped with disinfectant throughout the day.
6. Plastic barrier has been placed at the front desk.
7. All door handles are disinfected throughout the day.
8. Each patient is screened prior to being seen i.e. patient temperatures and COVID-19 screening form. Anyone with a temp over 100.3 will be asked to reschedule and be instructed to seek medical attention with their PCP.
9. Dr. Mosier has also done some painting with microbiocidal paint that eliminates 99.9% of STAPH, MRSA, ECOLI, VRE and Enterobacter Aerogenes. Effectiveness lasts for up to four years.
10. The majority of antiques, books and magazines have been taken out of each operatory per ADA recommendations.